We are already three months into the first acceleration program of AcceleRise… The end is nigh (in a good sense!) for the 7 startups selected to take part, and a new applications call is due to open very soon. Sign up at the bottom of the page to receive alerts and news.
To assuage your FoodTech appetite, we are once again delighted to bring you our web news round-up for the month of April. Why are Foodtech and AgTech the flavours of the moment? What does the nebulous concept of Blockchain promise for food business? Retail Tech, or digital agriculture – what are the latest advances? Read below to find out more….
FoodTech is happening right now
We regularly note during our discussions with the AcceleRise mentors, partners and startups that FoodTech is taking off in France, and the development and investor potential confirms it. Is the time right to join the movement?
- Food tech: the future is now, say investors
- FoodTech – a fragmented sector attracting heavy investment (in French)
- FrenchTech: 10 numbers to understand the French startup scene (in French)
- Techstars launches a new program in Paris at the Partech Shaker
The emergence of Retail Tech
- France : How is Intermarché allying with food business against Amazon? (in French)
- AmazonFresh Pickup debuts in Seattle and it’s basically a drive-through grocery store
- Why Brick-and-Mortar Retail Technology Is One of the Best Industries for Starting a Business in 2017
- The emergence of French Retail tech (in French)
- E-commerce and food: what are the highest performing channels? (in French)
What’s the deal with Blockchain?
This is THE big area of interest in 2017. If no-one is in doubt of the revolution it is heralding, we are nonetheless struggling to understand and define this technology. For food business, blockchain technology is opening persectives of high-performance traceability and anti-fraud applications.
- Why block chain might be the answer to tackling food fraud
- Blockchain, nutrigenomics and substitutes… What FoodTech is promising us for 2017? (in French)
- Retail distribution made easy by mobile and blockchain
AgTech is progressing fast
AgTech, or agricultural technology for the uninitiated, is here to stay. Concerning urban agriculture, viticulture or many other areas, AgTech is making headlines for innovative startups.
- Wine: from the vineyard to the customer, a strongly traditional world goes digital (in French)
- AgTech is breathing new life into rural communities (in French)
- Agricultural robotic start-ups are graduating into the market
- Raw milk vending machine an udder success for Canterbury farmer
- Paris public transport and agro engineering school work together on urban agriculture (in French)
Entrepreneurship: advice and best practices
- [entrepreneur] Startups: how to recruit a partner
- Intrapreneurship: How Millennials Can Innovate And Influence Within Their Job
- What I learned from 2 intense years as an entrepreneur
- 11 Ways Successful People Deal With People They Don’t Like
- These phrases are stopping you from reaching your objectives
Make sure you don’t miss out on our All About FoodTech bulletins by signing up for our newsletter, below.
If you are a FoodTech or Agtech startup looking for a faster and smarter way to get your offer to market, stay tuned for the opening of applications for the 2nd AcceleRise cohort, later this spring. You can find out more about our program or contact Christophe Breuillet, program director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our previous 'All About FoodTech' bulletins:
- All About FoodTech: March 2014 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: February 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: January 2017 bulletin