February 2nd was the second day of AcceleRise Academy, the scheduled training part of our FoodTech acceleration program, alternating between Dijon and Paris over the next 3 months. As a service for our startups, but also for anyone interested in following foodtech news, you will find below our monthly roundup of web-based articles. Happy reading!
En francais? Lire cet article sur le blog de Vitagora
Do needs drive trends or to trends drive needs? A question asked by Marie-Pierre Membrives during a fascinating presentation during the AcceleRise bootcamp day (you can read the interview here). Local, authentic, natural, transparent… Keeping an eye on “food” trends is an essential part of developing your foodtech business: there is no foodtech without food!
- Local, bio, superfood: how startups are seeding tomorrow's food (in French)
- Agrilocal: a platform connecting producers and food service providers (in French)
- Four Food Tech Trends and Opportunities in 2017
Entrepreneurship: advice and best practices
It’s not always easy to launch your startup adventure. How to manage your business, how to penetrate the world of investors, how to define your strategy or business plan? How to avoid the trap of multitasking? How to start a conversation in any context? FoodTech startups, here are the web’s answers to your questions.
- How to Write a One-Page Business Plan (video)
- Why Smart People Don’t Multitask
- Startups: what does your investor do when trouble looms (in French)?
- Networking: 7 key phrases to start a conversation (in French)
FoodDelivery, catering & retail
Automating and digitalisation: two very promising areas of development for food retail. If the big players such as Uber, Carrefour and Amazon are getting in on the act, a number of startups are also playing a vital role in developing disruptive innovation.
- How US retailers are responding to Amazon
- How automation will soon transform the grocery space
- In the works for one year, Carrefour reveals its connected hypermarket in Villiers-en-Bière (in French)
- nutpods CEO: ‘For an 18-month old company to be in the top-30 highest selling SKUs in all grocery on Amazon, it’s remarkable’
How is digitalisation affecting agriculture? Collecting and treating massive amounts of data, tracing from the field to the consumer and so forth, who are the bright sparks leading the way?
- Infographic – Key numbers of connected agriculture (in French)
- Can Big-Data Deliver Big-Returns For Agriculture?
- Leading Canadian farming co-op brings in new tech to boost precision agriculture
- The Ag Tech Market Map: 80+ Startups Powering The Future Of Farming And Agribusiness
- A Year of Contrasts: Agtech Funding Dips to $3.2bn while Deal Activity Rises 10% in 2016
Make sure you don’t miss out on our All About FoodTech bulletins by signing up for our newsletter, below.
If you are a FoodTech or Agtech startup looking for a faster and smarter way to get your offer to market, stay tuned for the opening of applications for the 2nd AcceleRise cohort, later this spring.
You can find out more about our program or contact Christophe Breuillet, program director:
Our previous All About FoodTech bulletin: