Applications for the second session of AcceleRise are now open, and we are delighted with the feedback we are getting from our first cohort (you can read some of their comment here in French). If you are looking to accelerate your FoodTech business in France and Europe, don’t miss the June 12, 2017, deadline!
SMEs, startups and large companies, here is your chance to plug in to this month’s Foodtech and AgTech news. The development of blockchain for food, retail tech shaken up by Amazon, urban and digital agriculture, advice for young startuppers: here is our selection of web news for the month of May.
Breaking news for May
Barack Obama made an appearance at Seeds & Chips in Milan, the first cohort of AcceleRise gave some very positive feedback, reports on the future of food. FoodTech is still getting a lot of media attention and even the interest of influential political figures. If you needed any more convincing of the importance of this topic!
- Act now to ensure food security in the face of climate change, Obama tells entrepreneurs
- The first cohort of Vitagora’s foodtech accelerator tell all (in French)
- Webedia reveals the lessons of its Food tech report (in French)
- 14 disruptive food-tech startups that will change how we eat
Blockchain: the food traceability revolution
Blockchain is clearly THE buzzword for 2017, as we covered in our April bulletin. This month, articles on blockchain technology are coming thick and fast, one more hint of how this innovation could soon revolutionise food traceability, with the notable benefit of restoring consumer confidence in agriculture.
- Exploding watermelons and fake fish: Transforming agriculture through blockchain technology
- Blockchain: more transparency for consumers? (in French)
- IBM Announces Accelerator Program To Help Enterprises Develop Blockchain Solutions (in French)
- Who are France's blockchain startups? (in French)
GAFA shakes up Retail Tech
Disruption? Or cooperation? A question asked by one of the articles in our selection. Indeed, the waves made by Amazon, as well as other members of the GAFA quartet (Google/Amazon/Facebook/Apple), in food retail may be overshadowing other business opportunities for the sector. Startups and large companies all have an interest in paying closer attention to retail tech… Already, small companies (in France, most notably Alkemics) are proving their potential to cause a retail revolution, although much progress remains to be made.
- Amazon Go & retailers: disruption or rather cooperation? (in French)
- Google Areo is a new app for ordering food or home services in India
- How Amazon is disrupting grocery
- Alkemics lauches app store to connect brands to innovations (in French)
- How snack companies can get to consumers without a grocery store
- The future of retail will be digital and customer-centric (in French)
AgTech eyes world domination (and beyond)
How can we find new arable land without overexploitation of our planet’s resources? How can we produce enough while being clean and efficient? AgTech is giving agriculture’s search for innovative solutions a new momentum. In cities, on another planet, with robots… all this is on the horizon, and may be closer than you think.
- Carrefour gets involved in urban agriculture
- Potatoes can grow in 'extreme' Mars-like conditions, a new NASA-backed experiment shows
- Agritech: 10 innovations at the service of agriculture! (in French)
- 6 Agriculture Robot Startups for Farming
- This beekeeper is rescuing bees with deep learning and an iPhone
Entrepreneurship: advice and best practices
- Are you a natural born entrepreneur?
- [video] Managing your growth: the challenge of scaling up (in French)
- Social media: all you need to get your startup noticed?
- How to grow a food startup by going narrow and deep
- Four companies, 3 ways of collaborating with startups (in French)
- Write an effective business plan: 10 mistakes to avoid (in French)
Advice, best practices, experiences… Put your vision into practice and accelerate the development of our FoodTech or AgTech startup by applying to AcceleRise session #2 (apply here before June 12, 2017). You can also follow our news on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
Our previous 'All About FoodTech' bulletins:
- All About FoodTech: April 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: March 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: February 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: January 2017 bulletin