The AgFunder funding report is showing that the FoodTech/AgTech investment is bouncing back. Which reassures us in our conviction that FoodTech still has a lot of aces up its sleeve in terms of innovations that will disrupt and drive development. Intelligence, best practices, join us on our tour of the FoodTech web for the month of October.
Lire cet article en français sur le blog de Vitagora
Food and disruptive innovations
Allowing gluten-intolerant consumers to eat bread thanks to genetics. Integrating plant proteins into tasty manufactured products thanks to data sciences and artificial intelligence. Developing edible plastics… Within FoodTech and AgTech, discover these disruptive innovations.
- Genetically modified wheat variety used to make celiac-friendly bread : Study
- Mayonnaise, Disrupted
- From topography to wine-growing, AI drone technology is taking off around Dijon (in French)
- Instead Of Throwing Out This Plastic Wrapper, You Eat It
E-commerce and “retail tech”
How can a food company move into ecommerce? And why are they doing this? Listening to consumers, diversifying distribution channels, removing middle-men, or developing new client portfolios… It’s no surprise that a number of market players, big and small, are shaking up their usual retail channels.
- What is Amazon France offering food businesses? (in French)
- From offline to digital: the pivot of Fleury Michon (in French)
- How PepsiCo’s ‘tech company’ is delivering in e-commerce
- How Online Commerce Is Taking Edible Bugs From Niche Market to Mainstream
Startup advice and best practices
What can we glean from the web this month? Having a look at the articles Accelerise publishes is a good start, and here is a selection of other sources.
- The business plan, a friend to cultivate
- You are not a human Swiss army knife
- How to launch a successful startup: Advice from serial entrepreneurs in the know
- How I became a foodtech startup growth hacker (in French)
Each month we publish our “All about FoodTech” bulletin - news, best practices, experiences… Put your vision into practice and accelerate the development of your FoodTech or AgTech startup by applying to AcceleRise - Session #3 will open applications at the end of 2017. To stay up to date, you can also follow our news on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. or sign up below for the newsletter.
Our previous 'All About FoodTech' bulletins:
- All about FoodTech September 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech August 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech June 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: May 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: April 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: March 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: February 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: January 2017 bulletin
By Claire M.
AcceleRise’s Startup manager, Claire is an adept of the world of entrepreneurs, having spent the last 4 years within an incubator and innovation centre. Her mission is to provide daily support and coordination to AcceleRise’s startups, to lend them both practical support and a direct line to the necessary contacts and expertise to get their businesses off the ground. Contact Claire at email@example.com