Last week, Vitagora held its annual event, the Forum Vitagora, on the subject of digital transformation for food business. “Foodtech” is everywhere: in the form of startups, in our mobile phones, but also in the field, and in the new economy in the form of “platforms” that require companies to review their business models. What takeaways do you need to know for this month? Read the bulletin below to find out!
Digital revolution and agriculture
Are food businesses directly concerned by the digital revolution or are they “collateral damage”? How should they react ? Here are the lessons taken from the Forum Vitagora and a selection of online press:
- Digital transformation and food business: two revolutions that companies shouldn’t take lightly (in French)
- Four MIT graduates created a restaurant with a robotic kitchen that cooks your food in three minutes or less
- Amazon-Whole Foods one year on - what's changed?
- [LIVE FORUM] Evolution of business models : SMEs, multinationals… you are all concerned! (in French)
AgTech: the upstream part of connected food
Agriculture is innovating at quite a rate. Robotics, traceability, precision agriculture: new technologies are giving food production the tools to produce more sustainably and more efficiently. A profound modification with an impact on the whole of the food value chain.
- Blockchain is Coming for Agriculture and You Might Not Even Notice
- ‘Farm-To-Table’ Shouldn’t Only Be For Rich White People
- Agtech Recruitment: Do You Need Ag Experience to Work in Agtech?
- Collaboration, Health and the Future Farmer: Key Lessons on the Future of Ag
Advice for food startups
The selection of ToasterLAB’s 4th session is underway… before finding out which new startups will join the ranks of our high-potential alumni, here are a few pieces of advice on how to succeed in the Foodtech jungle.
- You don’t need “deep tech” to create a disruptive innovation (in French)
- Singapore start-ups look to a changing France for growth
- "Even I've never paid for a mobile app!" Test, rethink and reset: Scan'Up's steps for finding an effective business model
- Success stories: ToasterLAB mentors tell their tales
Our 4th call for applications is closed, but get alerts on the next one, or to receive our monthly newsletters of news, views and advice, sign up below.
Our previous 'All About FoodTech' bulletins:
- All about FoodTech May 2018 bulletin
- All about FoodTech April 2018 bulletin
- All about FoodTech March 2018 bulletin
- All about FoodTech December 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech November 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech October 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech September 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech August 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech June 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: May 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: April 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: March 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: February 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: January 2017 bulletin
By Claire VO.
ToasterLAB Program Manager, Claire "VO" is in charge of our start-ups' post-acceleration as well as intrapreneurship. After 12 years with Vitagora, Claire's unparalleled knowledge of our network is put to good use while integrating our startups into the food business ecosystem! E-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org