All systems are go: the ToasterLAB’s first foreign startups have joined us in Dijon for a renewed program in terms of mentors and partners. There is no downtime in the FoodTech sector! You can keep up with the latest news in this fast-moving industry with our selection of this month’s web articles (sign up below so you don’t miss out on the future articles).
The internationalisation of ToasterLAB, a national FoodTech sector on the move… French FoodTech is making a name for itself. And we are proud of the accomplishments of the ToasterLAB program, recognised as a major FoodTech player in France and abroad.
- Vitagora's accelerator opens international recruitment (in French)
- Nestle Backs New Food-Tech Fund That's Swapping London for Paris
- Acquisition of QUITOQUE: CARREFOUR Takes Position in the Foodtech Industry
- Gastronomie, seaweed and cocktails... When Frenchtech meets Food business (in French)
Blockchain: the first applications are ready
Vitagora has already published a blog post about the potential of blockchain for food business (here in French). Indeed, blockchain is promising to revolutionise traceability, with potential benefits for consumers in search of transparency and guarantees of origin. But also for professionals requiring fast access to reliable information throughout the food value chain. Only a concept a few months ago, a first blockchain application has already been introduced in retail. We are sure that it is to be the first of many.
- Blockchain Agriculture Will Change Farming & Food
- Carrefour launches Europe’s first food blockchain
- Chinese Retail Giant To Use Blockchain To Track Beef, Prove Food Safety
- Ethikchain: when blockchain serves as a guarantee of origin (in French)
E-commerce and retail
The gap that separates online from offline is getting ever narrower. While ecommerce giants are every getting closer to forcing their way into brick and mortar retail, the future is not so simple for startups who have a tough job of convincing partners and investors.
- Amazon "very keen" top launch fresh food delivery in France (in French)
- Startup launches scalable Amazon Go-like system for retailers
- Market report: Investors losing appetite for Just Eat
- Alibaba Moves To Swallow Up China's Ele.me Food Delivery Service
Advice for startups and intrapreneurs
In order to stand out from the highly competitive crowd of ecommerce giants, startups have a number of aces up their sleeve. The first, of course, is to join an acceleration program like ToasterLAB, where they will benefit from 3 months of intensive coaching on all aspects of getting their business off the ground. In parallel, the web is a rich source of information, if you know where to look. Here is our selection of articles for startups and intrapreneurs.
- Intrapreneurs, you are not alone!
- 3 pieces of advice for organising a pre-sales campaign
- How to Pitch Your Startup to a Venture Capitalist
- How do you grow your startup? Take some advice from 4 experts in digital marketing
AgTech, alternative proteins, blockchain, supply chain… FoodTech touches on any number of areas. If your startup is specialised on one of these topics, contact us to find out more about ToasterLAB: email@example.com
To receive our All about FoodTech bulletins, sign up below.
Our previous 'All About FoodTech' bulletins:
- All about FoodTech December 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech November 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech October 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech September 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech August 2017 bulletin
- All about FoodTech June 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: May 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: April 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: March 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: February 2017 bulletin
- All About FoodTech: January 2017 bulletin
By Claire M.
ToasterLAB's Startup manager, Claire is an adept of the world of entrepreneurs, having spent the last 4 years within an incubator and innovation centre. Her mission is to provide daily support and coordination to ToasterLAB's startups, to lend them both practical support and a direct line to the necessary contacts and expertise to get their businesses off the ground. Contact Claire at firstname.lastname@example.org