We are pleased so announce that the latest start-ups to join ToasterLAB’s 2019 cohort have been selected. Keep an eye on the ToasterLAB website in early September to find out their names.
In the meantime, join us for our monthly tour of the web for the burning issues concerning AgTech and FoodTech entrepreneurs and their ecosystems.
advice and best practices for entrepreneurs
Interested by the lean and agile nature of start-ups, more and more large companies are joining the race to detect up and coming stars, or to encourage their employees to start intrapreneurial projects. Another opportunity for start-ups lies in their international development. How to get started? What budget is needed? Find out more below.
- “Startups are pushing big companies to think outside the box”
- Intrapreneurial fever is taking hold in France (in French)
- How Corporations Can Better Work With Startups
- 4 mistakes companies make when expanding overseas
- How to budget for international expansion (in French)
When FoodTech improves our daily lives
Verifying the composition of a food product, guaranteeing the origins of an ingredient, improving sustainability… These are just a few of the solutions that FoodTech innovations can offer to change the equation for manufacturers and consumers.
- Scan’Up – is organic as virtuous as it claims? (in French)
- Carrefour says blockchain tracking boosting sales of some products
- ‘Palm and soy are just the beginning’: Retailers push for traceability, sustainability in their supply chains
- Why an e-tongue should be used when formulating spicy food
- Sustainable and efficient: How food tech is helping to deliver ‘more and better’ food
AgTech: the new gold rush for investors
The sums invested in AgTech went from 185 million dollars in 2008 to 10 billlion dollars in 2017! (source : Challenges). And with good reason as disruptive applications keep on coming: robotics, supply chain, urban farming…
- Home cultivation is being eyed up by appliance manufacturers (in French)
- How an ag company most people have never heard of could prove itself more disruptive than Netflix or Airbnb
- AgTech Landscape 2019: 1,600+ Startups Innovating on the Farm and in the ‘Messy Middle’
- Is Robocrop going to revolutionise fruit picking ? (in French)
- Grain on the blockchain: how digital supply chains are greening agriculture
Advice from mentors, sharing experiences with other startups: sign up below to get updates on our articles and the upcoming applications calls for ToasterLAB. We will very soon be communicating our next application call dates. In the meantime, found out more about our 100% agrifood acceleration program here.
By Claire VO.
ToasterLAB Program Manager, Claire "VO" is in charge of our start-ups' acceleration and post-acceleration, as well as intrapreneurship. After 12 years with Vitagora, Claire's unparalleled knowledge of our network is put to good use while integrating our startups into the food business ecosystem! E-mail her at: firstname.lastname@example.org