Agri-Food entrepreneurs, ToasterLAB's next intake deadline is only a few days away. Get your application underway now so you don't miss out (the deadline is June 3rd.) ! Apply here.
In the meantime, take a few minutes to catch up on the latest FoodTech news for the month. Advice to entrepreneurs, traceability, e-commerce for food business...
advice and best practices for entrepreneurs
"Entrepreneurs who don't work on their brand are doomed to come up against a glass ceiling... or to fail," explains Fanny Basteau, a ToasterLAB mentor. Life for entrepreneurs is not all peaches and cream. But to help you get ahead, here are this month's tastiest morcels of advice.
- Mentor profile - Fanny Basteau, resident expert in branding
- 4 qualities that will help you sail past your failures faster, according to a successful startup founder
- Everything You Need to Know to Pitch an Investor
- Unlocking the potential of SMEs in emerging markets
are traceability solutions going to solve all our problems?
Reducing food waste, shoring up consumer trust, improving food safety, reducing crop loss from disease... Digital innovations are multiplying to respond to food business problems. What new applications are emerging? What are the real advantages for food business?
- Walmart turns to transparency with its own beef supply chain
- How Google saved over 6 million pounds of food waste in its cafés
- Hopes and mirages in digital agriculture (In French)
- ‘Dramatic potential’ for innovation that re-thinks the food chain
- Gartner: Blockchain to help with food safety and traceability
Retail: e-commerce opens up new fronts
E-commerce seems to be the new El Dorado for food sales. Whether to professional clients or individuals, delivery or pick-up, local products or large-scale consumer items, almost all the players in food production and distribution are trying their hand at online sales, although with some less than desired consequences. Here are a few of the new ideas on show, and some of the unintended consequences.
- ActiMeat: 5 pieces of advice for a B2B food e-commerce activity (in French)
- The future of shopping will be more in AR/VR than vocal assistants (in French)
- Faster delivery, easier pick-up options drive rapid growth of food ecommerce sales, Packaged Facts says
- AI Platform for food Ecommerce Raises $1.4M Seed Funding
- Food Delivery Apps Are Drowning China in Plastic
Advice from mentors, sharing experiences with other startups: sign up below to get updates on our articles and the upcoming applications calls for ToasterLAB. Next deadline is June 3rd, 2019! Apply here.
By Claire VO.
ToasterLAB Program Manager, Claire "VO" is in charge of our start-ups' acceleration and post-acceleration, as well as intrapreneurship. After 12 years with Vitagora, Claire's unparalleled knowledge of our network is put to good use while integrating our startups into the food business ecosystem! E-mail her at: email@example.com